The Weekend: Week 13
The week before "Rivalry Week" is always slow. This is the week where the top teams play that last inferior opponent, mainly from the FCS, before they head into bowl season. If you love football then you should have found some positives from this lackluster weekend. And if you didn't find any, then you've came to the place because we'll catch you up on everything.
- Florida State (10-0) LW 1, W 20-17 Boston College
- Alabama (10-1) LW 2, W 48-14 Western Carolina
- Oregon (10-1) LW 3, W 44-10 Colorado
- Baylor (9-1) LW 4, W 49-28 Oklahoma State
- Ohio State (10-1) LW 5, W 42-27 Indiana
- TCU (9-1) LW 6, BYE
- Mississippi State (10-1) LW 7, 51-0 Vanderbilt
- Georgia (9-2) LW 8, W 55-9 Charleston Southern
- Michigan State (9-2) LW 9, W 45-3 Rutgers
- Kansas State (8-2) LW 11, W 26-20 Rutgers
- Marshall (11-0) LW 12, W 23-18 @ UAB
- Arizona State (9-2) LW 13, W 52-31 Washington State
- Wisconsin (9-2) LW 14, W 26-24 @ Iowa
- Auburn (8-3) LW 16, W 31-7 Samford
- UCLA (9-2) LW 17, W 38-20 USC
- Georgia Tech (9-2) LW 18, BYE
- Arizona (9-2) LW 19, W 42-10 @ #24 Utah
- Ole Miss (8-3) LW 10, L 0-30 @ Arkansas
- Clemson (8-3) LW 20, W 28-0 Georgia State
- Missouri (9-2) LW 21, W 29-21 @ Tennessee
- Nebraska (8-3) LW 15, L 28-24 Minnesota
- Colorado State (10-1) LW 22, W 58-20 New Mexico
- Minnesota (8-3) LW NR, W 28-24 @ #15 Nebraska
- Louisville (8-3) LW NR, W 31-28 Notre Dame
- Boise State (8-3) LW NR, W 63-14 @ Wyoming
- Ole Miss somehow was demolished by the Razobacks, who won their 2nd SEC game since 2012, shoutout to the Razorbacks though for getting the W on Senior day. The Rebels losing by 30 completely eliminated themselves from playoff contention, which I'm sure will leave a big red stain on there resume. Even if they do manage to beat Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl, playoffs will still be out of reach.
- My Seminoles had a tough outing against the Eagles of Boston College. Every week has been tough for the Noles but at the end of the day, their still on a 27-game winning streak. The Noles have two more test before they can enter the playoffs, and a slip-up will leave them outside looking in. A rivalry game at home against Florida could be tough, but the ACC Championship game against Georgia Tech worries me.
- Since Duke, Utah, and USC lost Saturday, we have 3 new entries in our top 25. Louisville make their way back into the top 25, as they try to end a disappointing season on a good note. Minnesota rallied back on the road on to defeat Nebraska and Boise State enters the rankings for the first time this season.
Baller of the Weekend
RB Semaje Perine, Oklahoma - 34 carries, 427 yards, 5 TDs vs Kansas
Click on the gallery to read about who we feel has been Heisman worthy so far this season.
- #6 TCU @ Texas - These two aren't really rivals, but both are stationed in the state of Texas. Not to mention they will be playing on Thanksgiving for a good ol fashion Turkey Bowl.
- #12 Arizona State @ #17 Arizona, Territorial Cup - These two have been going at it since 1899, Arizona State winning the last two meetings. The winner of this game will need UCLA to lose against Stanford in order for them to make it to the Pac-12 championship, UCLA holding tie-breaker over both teams.
- #14 Auburn @ #2 Alabama, IRON Bowl - Since 1893, Auburn and Alabama has went to battle for the state of Alabama. If you forgot how the last meeting ended, just watch this.
- #2 Oregon @ Oregon State, Civil War - Oregon lead this 120 year old rivalry with 61 wins, taking the last 6 matchups. Oregon should extend their streak to 7 games but this is a potential trap game.
- #7 Mississippi State @ #18 Ole Miss, Egg Bowl - I don't think there has been a bigger game between these two in their 111th meeting. If Mississippi State can win on the road, then they will be one of the top 4 teams in the playoffs, but if they lose, the committee will have a lot to think about.
- Michigan @ #5 Ohio State - One of the most prestigious rivalries in College Football but unfortunately this game will be a blowout.
- #8 Georgia @ #16 Georgia Tech - Georgia's playoff hopes are currently on life support, so a loss at this point would be detrimental. Both teams will play in there respective conference championships but bragging rights are on the line in this one.
- #23 Minnesota @ #13 Wisconsin, Paul Bunyan Axe - Winner of this one will play Ohio State in the BIG 10 Championship game. Minnesota leads this close series, 59-56-8, dating back to 1890. No playoff implications but expect a hard nose football game.