We are steadily getting down to the nitty gritty. Hopefully after last weekend, we will only have 1 team from the SEC West in the top 4 with Auburn and Mississippi State suffering losses. With the Bulldogs losing, there are only two teams left undefeated, Florida State and Marshall. Now Marshall doesn't have much a chance to enter the top 4 but Florida State should reclaim that #1 spot unless the committee still wants to be imbeciles.
- Florida State (10-0) LW 1, W 30-26 @ #24 Miami
- Alabama (9-1) LW 4, W 25-20 #2 Mississippi State
- Oregon (9-1) LW 3, BYE
- Baylor (8-1) LW 5, BYE
- Ohio State (9-1) LW 6, W 31-24 @ Minnesota
- TCU (9-1) LW 8, W 34-30 @ Kansas
- Mississippi State (9-1) LW 2, L 20-25 @ #4 Alabama
- Georgia (8-2) LW 16, W 34-7 #11 Auburn
- Michigan State (8-2) LW 9, W 37-15 @ Maryland
- Ole Miss (8-2) LW 15, BYE
- Kansas State (7-2) LW 14, BYE
- Marshall (10-0) LW 13, W 41-14 Rice
- Arizona State (8-2) LW 7, L 27-35 @ Oregon State
- Wisconsin (8-2) LW 20, W 59-24 #10 Nebraska
- Nebraska (8-2) LW 10, L 24-59 @ #20 Wisconsin
- Auburn (7-3) LW 11, L 7-34 @ #16 Georgia
- UCLA (8-2) LW 19, BYE
- Georgia Tech (9-2) LW 23, W 28-6 #17 Clemson
- Arizona (8-2) LW 25, W 27-26 Washington
- Clemson (7-3) LW 17, L 6-28 @ #23 Georgia Tech
- Missouri (8-2) LW NR, W 34-27 @ #21 Texas A&M
- Colorado State (9-1) LW NR, BYE
- Duke (8-2) LW 18, L 16-17 Virginia Tech
- Utah (7-3) LW NR, W 20-17 2ot @ Stanford
- USC (7-3) LW NR, W 38-30 CAL
- The AP only dropped the Bulldogs to #4 and if that is any indication of what the playoff committee will do then we will have 2 teams from the SEC West in the top 4.
- If Ohio State, TCU, and Baylor can finish the season strong, they will definitely create controversy at the end of the season because all three might not make into the top 4 even though they are well deserving. If I had to choose between the 3, it would be Baylor. After Baylor defeated TCU, the ensuing week they suffered a road loss to West Virginia, who almost defeated TCU. Baylor has the tougher road than TCU, with Kansas State still on the schedule. TCU has a bye this upcoming week then they head to Austin for a Turkey Bowl game against the Longhorns on Thanksgiving.
- Georgia made a great leap to the top ten after they demolished the Tigers. Todd Gurley made his return after serving a 4-game suspension with 138 yards and a TD but then suffered an ACL injury. Georgia needs Mizzou to lose one of their final two SEC games in order for them to win the SEC East. Mizzou is 5-1 in the conference with Tennessee and Arkansas left on the schedule. Georgia defeated Mizzou 34-0 earlier this season so they hold the tie breaker.
RB Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin - 25 carries, 408 yards (new single game rushing record), 4 TDs vs Nebraska
- WR Nelson Agholor, USC - 16 catches, 216 yards, 2 TDs vs CAL
- QB JT Barrett, Ohio State - 389 total yards 2 TDs vs Minnesota
- QB Keenan Reynolds, Navy - 30 Carries, 277 rushing yards, 6 rushing TDs
Shots fired. I haven't been been following the FCS this season like I should have been but this tweets speaks volume. The FCS uses the best teams and wild card teams an each year their playoff systems truly decides the best team. It's no computers or some fluke committee process. The FCS doesn't have the best teams, players, or TV broadcasting so great games, players, and teams, will go unnoticed. Meanwhile in the FBS, we have to wait to see human version of the BCS decides which 4 teams are worthy.
Florida State has become the new villains of College Football. Despite this team struggling every week they manage to always come out on top which you can't fault them for. The Seminoles are the defending champs and won their last 26 games. Their last loss came against Florida November 24th 2012. The AP nor the playoff committee has to put the Noles as #1 because as long as they keep winning, they will be in 4-team playoff.
This is the best division in college football right now. I'm sure the committee would love to just use the top 4 teams in this conference as the playoff. In these final two games there will be some shake ups. With Bama beating Mississippi State and Auburn losing their 3rd game, it leaves the door open for chaos. Right now Bama controls their own destiny and if they win out, then they will be one of the 4 teams playing for the title but if they was to lose to Auburn at home then they will need some help from a couple teams. Since they lost to Ole Miss earlier in the season, they can not tie with them and that is a possibility. Mississippi State can not lose another game or they will be completely eliminated for all playoff convo. These last two weeks will be very interesting
With this being the week before rivalry week, their won't be too many big games this weekend but if you're a fan of trap games, here are a few to watch:
- Boston College @ #1 Florida State
- Oklahoma State @ #4 Baylor
- #9 Ole Miss @ Arkansas
- #14 Wisconsin @ Iowa